Meet Colombia’s Marcha Patriótica and Lazos de Dignidad, November 10 – 25, 2014
The Alliance for Global Justice is very pleased to announce a tour of the United States by representatives of Colombia’s Marcha Patriótica (Patriotic March) and Lazos de Dignidad (Links of Dignity). The Patriotic March is Colombia’s largest Left movement for a just peace and popular participation in dialogue to end the country’s 50 year civil war. It has been a target of heavy repression, with 70 of its leaders assassinated in just two years time. Lazos de Dignidad provides legal representation and human rights training for Colombian political prisoners and agricultural workers unions. Lazos de Dignidad is also active in grassroots mobilizations for peace and human and labor rights.This tour features July Henriquez Sampayo and Gustavo Gallardo Morales, speaking on two primary subjects:
- Rising Repression, International Solidarity and Colombia’s Peace Process
- Prison Imperialism and the Colombian Peace Process
Gustavo Gallardo Morales is the Co-Coordinator for the International Commission of Colombia’s Marcha Patriótica, President of Lazos de Dignidad and a human rights lawyer.
TOUR DATES AND PLACES:
- November 10, 6pm, LOS ANGELES, CA: Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, 2130 James W. Wood Blvd. Sponsors–United Steelworkers, Local 675; Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, and RECEN.
- November 11, 7pm, SAN FRANCISO, CA: 2969 Mission Street. Sponsors–Task Force on the Americas, Bay Area Latin America Solidarity Coalition.
- November 12, 6pm, SACRAMENTO, CA (Tentative): Address TO BE ANNOUNCED. Sponsors–SALA
- November 14, 6pm, SOUTH TUCSON, ARIZONA: Global Justice Center, 225 East 26th Street. Sponsors–Alliance for Global Justice.
- November 15, PHOENIX, ARIZONA: Time and Place TO BE ANNOUNCED. Sponsor–Tonatierra.
- November 17, 6pm, DENVER, COLORADO: Place TO BE ANNOUNCED. Sponsor–Alliance for Global Justice
- November 19, 6pm, NEW YORK, NEW YORK: 32BJ Headquarters, 25 West 18th Street, Manhattan. Sponsors–United Auto Workers Region 9A, NY Area CAP Council, SEIU Local 32BJ, Left Labor Project.
- November 20, 1pm, NEW YORK, NEW YORK: Meeting with UAW locals, Manhattan.
- November 20, 6pm, NEW YORK, NEW YORK: Judson Memorial Church Assembly Hall, 239 Thompson Street, Manhattan. Sponsors–International Action Center, Alliance for Global Justice.
- November 22, 7:30-8:45pm, COLUMBUS, GEORGIA for the SOA WATCH VIGIL AT FORT BENNING: A Visit with Colombia’s Marcha Patriotica, Room 211, Columbus Trade and Convention Center, 801 Front Street, Columbus, GA 31901.
- November 25, MIAMI, FLORIDA: Time and Place TO BE ANNOUNCED.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, SEND AN EMAIL TO JAMES@AFGJ.ORG
JOIN THE AFGJ COLOMBIA EMAIL LIST–Send a blank email to