Dear Senator [ or member of congress] separate letters will be sent to each one.
We the undersigned are strongly opposed to the Trans-Pacific Partnership deal and urge you to oppose it in the 114th Congress and the 115th Congress next year.
We are opposed because this deal would:
- Permit foreign corporations to sue the U.S. government in private tribunals and order unlimited sums of taxpayer funds to be handed over to these corporations (Investor-State Dispute Settlement or ISDS agreements).
- Make it easier for corporations to ship jobs to other countries and cause pay cuts for 90% of American workers.
- Raise medicine prices and give expanded powers to Big Pharma corporations.
- Flood the U.S. with unsafe imported food.
- Undermine environmental climate policies.
- Threaten national sovereignty by making it possible to overturn national, state and local regulations.
- Ban “Buy American” provisions that help grow jobs here.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Street, City, State %26amp; Zip’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’/][contact-field label=’Phone’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’We will send this to Senators Schumer and Gillibrand. Who is your representative to the US House?’ type=’checkbox-multiple’ required=’1′ options=’Louise Slaughter 28th district,Tom Reed 29th district,Daniel Maffei 24th district,Chris Collins 27th district’/][/contact-form]