Resources in English on Latin America
Editor’s Note: For our readers who are interested in pursuing additional information and news about Latin America and the Caribbean, we have compiled a list of organizations and news sources that generally provide reliable information, which is not the case with many mainstream media reports. We welcome your comments and suggestions about these and others that we may have omitted. Please contact Grania Marcus, email@example.com with your comments. Thank you!
Latin American Solidarity Organizations/Newsletters
- Alliance for Global Justice (AfGJ) – AfGJ focuses on projects in Honduras, Colombia, Venezuela and Nicaragua and news about those countries.
- Black Agenda Report (BAR) – Publishes occasional articles and especially podcasts about Cuba, Haiti, and other Latin American countries from a Black diaspora leftist perspective.
- IFCO/Pastors for Peace (Cuba) – Publishes “Cuba Buzz,” an online newsletter with articles and action opportunities regarding Cuba. Sign up for Cuba Buzz.
- Latin American Working Group (LAWG) – Articles and advocacy opportunities about Colombia, Mexico, Central America, migration and immigration issues. Sign up for regular news briefs about these topics.
- Network in Solidarity with the People of Guatemala (NISGUA) – NISGUA works to build and strengthen ties between the people of the United States and Guatemala in the global struggle for justice, human dignity, and respect for the Earth.
- NICANet – The Network supports the efforts of the Sandinista Revolution to provide a better life for Nicaragua’s people. About Nicanet. It also publishes NicaNotes, a blog in English for Nicaragua activists and those interested in Nicaragua. Sign up for NicaNotes.
- Popular Resistance – Popular Resistance is a resource and information clearinghouse for international social, political, and environmental movements, among others, including in Latin America; the website publishes a free weekly newsletter, a daily digest and podcasts. Access news feed. Sign up here.
- Resumen Latinoamericano and the Third World – Publishes online news and analysis in English and Spanish coming primarily from Latin America, by writers, researchers, and activists living there. Sign up to view articles.
- Rights Action (Guatemala/El Salvador/Honduras) – Rights Action focuses its work mainly in the Northern Triangle countries and publishes a newsletter and email updates about land rights, indigenous peoples, and environmental struggles against the illegal mining activities of the US and Canada there. Subscribe here.
- Tortilla Con Sal (Nicaragua, Cuba, Venezuela) – A newsletter published in English and Spanish focusing mainly on Nicaragua, but with discussions on Cuba and Venezuela as well.
- Venezuela & ALBA News – Articles published on the AfGJ website about Venezuela, Cuba, Nicaragua and Bolivia from a Socialist perspective.
- Venezuela Analysis (Venezuela) – The only independent, grassroots English-language media outlet working on the ground in Venezuela; includes news and opinion articles, podcasts, video and multimedia.
News organizations with articles on Latin America from a Latin American perspective
- The Intercept – Specializes in in-depth investigative journalism that holds political and economic authorities accountable. Find articles about Latin America. Coverage of migration and immigration issues.
- TeleSur (English and Spanish) – Comprehensive coverage of Latin American and Caribbean news and opinion.